How we go about our work
We strongly believe that redistributing wealth and creating sustainable development is a key part of addressing global poverty. Our model of operations contains the following key elements in our approach to sustainable development:
- Travel has a key role to play in the fight against poverty.
- All donations from individuals to RoundTrip go directly to our projects.
- There is an urgency attached to this work – we seek to impact as many people as quickly as possible, whilst maintaining good development practice.
- We rely on trusted local individuals who act as changemakers in their local communities.
- We will provide the means, but not the direction, for change which should come from local communities themselves.
- We seek to develop and support projects that have a large impact (the ripple effect) from small investments.
- Development needs to be flexible and take into account the changing needs within a community.
- We have a bottom-up, grassroots approach and make small targeted investments that act as a driver for sustainable change within local communities.
Strategic Priorities 2019 – 2021
|Priority||Responsibility||Strategic Goals||Alignment with how we go about our work|
|Internal Capability & Infrastructure||· Lead – Secretary
|1. Develop Annual Plan template and implement by 30 June 2020
2. Develop due diligence proforma for non-program expenditure
|Supports transparency and rigour to demonstrate that all donations from individuals to RoundTrip Foundation|
|Supporter Engagement and Financial Base||· Lead – President
· Director of Communications
|3. Add supporters to our database; target is 500 by December 2019
4. Activate new supporter base through 2019 Xmas Appeal (and Shopnate)
5. Recruit fundraiser by June 2020 to increase donation frequency
6. Leverage social media (Facebook & Instagram) and Google AdWords to increase audience
|Supports our efforts to develop and support projects, and allows us to give consideration to potential new programs, in effect helping more people more quickly. Continuation of diversification of our support base to ensure financial stability and longevity of the org.
Use of social media and Google AdWords grant helps promote our Responsible travel message and resources to a wider audience, while growing our supporter base.
|Program Growth and Impact||· Lead – Director of International Programs
· Director of Communications
|7. Develop Impact and Planning Framework for RoundTrip Projects (now complete – see our framework here)
8. Diversify project portfolio to reach new geographic regions and address differing community needs, and broaden RTF’s profile, impact and appeal to potential supporters
|Supports our aim to impact as many people as quickly as possible, and act as a driver for sustainable change within local communities.|