Complete Your Journey

We believe if you respect other ways of living, care for your surroundings, engage with the people you meet, and spend your money in ways that benefit the local community, you’ll leave positivity in your wake

A Reason to Travel

We believe that travel can play a key role in fighting poverty

How Are Donations Spent?

We send 100% of donations from individuals and over 80% of other donations to our projects. How is this possible? We are run entirely by a team of passionate, professional volunteer staff.

About RoundTrip Foundation

RoundTrip is a volunteer-run Australian development organisation with an international focus. Our aim is to harness the power of travel to fight poverty. Our firm belief is that all travellers – from backpackers to cruise boat junkies – can have a positive impact and change the world.

We believe that giving back (by donating money or volunteering your time) from your travels completes your journey.

RoundTrip advocates for change via its online responsible travel resource; and we establish and support grassroots programs in local communities that deliver sustainable change in Africa and Asia.

Give back and complete your journey…

Our Current Projects

Community Internships in Zambia

The Tikondane Internship Program is training 14 young Zambians to become community leaders. Its purpose is to secure the future of Tikondane, ensuring it is locally managed and run. It also provides employment opportunities (in a region that has 80% unemployment).

The Bakery School in Sri Lanka

The Bakery School program helps to get the lives of young women, who have suffered sexual and violent abuse, back on track. It provides these women with the training and employment opportunities for achieving financial independence.

Pastoral Women’s Council, Tanzania

The Pastoral Women’s Council, with the support of RoundTrip, is constructing a social enterprise near Arusha. The aim is to build a retail outlet selling original handicrafts to tourists, with the profits flowing back into local community development work.

Volunteer in Melbourne or Abroad

Challenge yourself and experience the deep sense of satisfaction from giving back through volunteering – the work is incredibly rewarding!

All Donations over $2 are Tax-Deductible - Donate Today!

You don’t need to spend a fortune to help out. Even small donations go a long way when they are well-targeted towards driving sustainable change.

Going travelling soon?

RoundTrip receives a donation from STA Travel with every booking made when the code above is used. So, organise your travels and begin giving back before you’ve even left home!

Latest Stories

RoundTrip Xmas Appeal – 2019-20

Our Xmas Appeal raised $3,280. A huge thank you to the generous people who made a donation. These are valuable funds, as our bakery school project is in desperate need, with the terrorist bombings keeping tourists away from Sri Lanka.

Bakery School Update – November 2019

The 12th batch of students are progressing extremely well. The statistics tell the story – 93% of graduates have found employment, the other 7% often choosing to return to school. And 65% have been reunited with their families.

Volunteer Tourism in India

India. Nowhere else on Earth is quite as addictive. And volunteering in India can be an amazingly rewarding experience for visitors, but there are a number of important considerations to take into account before rushing off and signing up with the first volunteer organisation you come across.

How Can I Help?

We welcome interest from people wanting to volunteer for us in Australia (we are based in Melbourne). We are especially interested in people with fundraising and social media backgrounds. But if you’d like to help out in an administrative capacity or at an event, we’d love to hear from you too. Experience the reward of working for a small NGO for days, weeks or months – flexibility is at the heart of our volunteer assignments. Distance volunteer work within Australia is possible depending on your interests, and we also put people in touch with our international partner organisations for overseas volunteer postings.
Donations in Australia over $2 are tax deductible!Donate Now
+